Speed 25 Dynamo

For Speed 20, Speed 25, 3.5 Litre and Crested Eagle cars
NeilWillatt
Name: Neil Willatt

Speed 25 Dynamo

Postby NeilWillatt » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Does anybody have any experience in either repairing a dynamo or having one repaired. The bearing on the front of mine is in the process of giving out and I'd like to get it sorted over the winter.

RichardWallach
Name: Richard Wallach

Re: Speed 25 Dynamo

Postby RichardWallach » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Neil,

If you don't want to do it yourself then it is worth contacting: http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/
They are a UK firm. I have had work done in the past and they have been very good and helpful.

Regards,

Richard
Melbourne

NeilWillatt

Postby NeilWillatt » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Thanks for the advice Richard, as it happens it is already with them. I found them by googling 'Dynamo Repairs', and drove down and dropped it off yesterday. (I'm in Sheffield so its not quite as far for me to travel as it would be for you). They have already found the problem, a collapsed ball bearing at the commutator end, and hope to have it all sorted by early next week. I'm impressed so far. Will report again when I have it back.

NeilWillatt

Postby NeilWillatt » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Picked up my dynamo yesterday. Bearings at both ends replaced and coils tested and found to be in good order. Cost £90.00 Refitted to the car today. All well. I'm impressed with this company and recommend it to anybody with dynamo/regulator/starter motor problems.

RichardWallach
Name: Richard Wallach

Postby RichardWallach » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:29 am

Neil,

Isn't is nice when things just go well. Well done.

Richard
Melbourne

Return to “Speed Models”