Australian National Rally 2019

For discussion of AOC plans to celebrate the Alvis Centenary
Philip
Name: Philip Olden

Australian National Rally 2019

Postby Philip » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:53 am

Heather Goldsmith wrote:

Philip/Anthony/Steve

I read with interest Philip’s article on the Alvis Centenary preparations in the latest AOC bulletin and recalled Rob Rowe’s email dated 6th May 2014 on this subject.

My reply to Rob mentioned the Australian National Rally (a biennial event), which will be a week-long rally held during autumn (March-May) 2019 and hosted by my Club, as a possible centenary activity. I have spoken to the President of the Alvis Car Club Victoria, Andrew McDougall, who supports the idea of a Rally held at Albury, a large country community on the NSW-Victorian border with an international standard hotel and many opportunities to visit prime Australian attractions. The organisation will be capably managed by our combined Clubs and your members who have attended our National Rallies I think would vouch for their quality.

Philip’s article suggests that your thoughts might be tending more towards 2020 as your celebratory year, however as we don’t normally have a big event in even years, something prepared just for the occasion might not receive as strong support as our National Rally. So I do commend it to you, as Australia is keen to be part of an international celebration of the Alvis Centenary.

Please include this idea in your discussions and let me know of anything you need from us to further your planning.

Best regards

Heather Goldsmith
President & Editor
Alvis Car Club NSW
Australia

Return to “Alvis Centenary”