Central location and section autonomy

For discussion of AOC plans to celebrate the Alvis Centenary
robintorrance
Name: Robin Torrance

Central location and section autonomy

Postby robintorrance » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:24 pm

Philip, I did tell you of my suggestion at a noggin and natter evening but perhaps now is the time to set it down for serious consideration by the working group.
We need AOC and register participation
We need a prestige location.
We need to be central in the country
We need good standard facilities.
We need many hotel choices and spaces
We need to be able to afford it.
We need a venue which attracts sponsors
Consider Silverstone—40 miles from Coventry— we could not afford unless we piggyback with another event—(suggest compatible with a VSCC event and they could be amenable) ----the hotels can cope with a Grand Prix so a little old Alvis centenary should not be a problem—facilities all in place and proven.
Each section then sets about organising its own series of events/visits/activities which all converge on Silverstone at the appointed day and time (similar in the way the the old Norwich Union Rally used to operate)
Once on site in a designated central area we could have displays/tests/concours/track parades/scenic runs/visits etc etc
The workload for the organisers is much reduced since the central committee would only need to concentrate on the Silverstone activity having delegated autonomy to the sections separately for their own ideas.
Stick the idea into the melting pot and do with it as you may——you did ask!
I wish the working group well in their endeavours—thanks for taking it on

Robin Torrance

Philip
Name: Philip Olden

Re: Central location and section autonomy

Postby Philip » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:29 am

Thank you, Robin, good suggestions! We need a Chair and more members for our working group, if anyone is interested....

Philip
Name: Philip Olden

Re: Central location and section autonomy

Postby Philip » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:39 am

Further suggestion from Robin below;
"You know I posted re centenary—well——reading the Silverstone promo mag sent for the Silverstone Classic with Classic and Sports Car—page 29—reads—re car clubs —“ to attract clubs we offer a two for one deal on tickets plus an infield parking pass and, if there is a significant anniversary taking place in the year, the opportunity to take to the track for parade lap”
A centenary would appear to fit this category.
The contact is Neil Carr-Jones—senior event manager"

Return to “Alvis Centenary”